Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ah Pek and the Pope

Ah Pek and the Pope

> HOW THE CHINESE STAY PUT IN ITALY
>
> About a century or two ago, the Pope decided that all
> the Chinese had to leave
Italy. Naturally there was a
> big uproar from the Chinese
> community.
>
> So the Pope made a deal. He would have a religious
> debate with a member of the Chinese community. If the
> Chinese win, they could stay. If the Pope wins, the
> Chinese would leave.
>
> The Chinese realized that they had no other choice. So
> they picked a
> middle-aged man named Ah Pek to represent them.
>
> Ah Pek asked for one condition to be added to the
> debate. "To make it
> more interesting" , he said, "neither side would be
> allowed to talk".
>
> The Pope agreed. The day of the great debate came. Ah
> Pek and the Pope sat opposite each other for a full
> minute.
>
> Then the Pope raised his hand and showed three
> fingers. Ah Pek looked back at him and raised one
> finger. The Pope waved his fingers in a circle around
> his head. Ah Pek pointed to the ground at where he
> sat. The Pope pulled out a loaf and a glass of wine.
> Ah Pek pull out an apple.
>
> The Pope stood up and said: "I give up. This man is
> too good. The
> Chinese can stay."
>
> An hour later, the cardinals were all around The Pope
> asking him what
> happened?. The Pope said, "first I held up three
> fingers to represent
> the holy trinity. He responded by holding up one
> finger to remind me
> that there was still one God common to both our
> religions."
>
> "Then I waved my finger around me to show him that God
> was all around us." He responded by pointing to the
> ground and showing that God was also right here with
> us."
>
> "I pulled out the wine and loaf to show that God
> absolves all sin. He
> showed me an apple to remind us of the original sin.
> He had an answer
> for everything. What could I do?"
>
> Meanwhile, the Chinese community had crowded around Ah
> Pek. "What
> happened?" they asked.
>
> "Well," said Ah Pek, "First he indicated to me that
> all Chinese had 3
> days to get out of here. I replied to him f*@k off and
> not one of us
> was
> leaving."
>
> "Then he pointed that this whole city would be cleared
> of Chinese. I
> showed him that we are staying right here."
>
> "Yes, and then???" asked the crowd. "I don't know",
> said Ah Pek, "He
> took out his lunch, and I took out mine!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment